Coverage of me and other train wrecks: my mama, subway nut jobs, sex and the environment.

2.08.2007

Cold in New York City! FUCK!

Every strand of DNA in my body has been designed to thrive in 99 degrees farenheit, as my friend Kara reminded me today after I screamed "I HATE THIS WEATHER!"

It was fine throughout most of January. Global warming had postponed winter, but then XXXTREME Winter hit. Now, winter in NYC is chilly, yes, and there are days when it's ZERO degrees, but those are sporadic. Usually it's around 20-40 degrees, depending. Well, for the last week or week and a half the wind chill has been at zero and in the negatives. Oh my god. It's not just that it's cold and I have to thicken myself with moere layers than I care to list, it's that the cold is an energy-sucker. Walk around in this weather for a few minutes and you'll be exhausted and thirsty. The winter dehydrates. Plus indoors its dry from the heat. I haven't peed after 3 mugs of water! Plus, winter makes me snotty and my eyes tear up so that I'm walking around looking like I just lost my first born to a brain tumor.

Mama gleefully rubbed it in my face today that it's chilly in Miami--in the 70's! Brrrr! How frostbitten she must feel. She even had to put on a long sleeved shirt this morning. Heavens to Betsy. Next think you know she'll have to wear shoes!

If you're gonna have an emotional breakdown in NYC, have it now, because with puffy cheeks, teary eyes, and a snotty nose, you're sure to blend in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home