Coverage of me and other train wrecks: my mama, subway nut jobs, sex and the environment.

12.17.2006

Visions 1

When mama began to go under, right before the cesarean, she saw all around her angels and saints. The Virgin was there as was St. Luke and St. Lazarus. The air was pure white and glimmered with flecks of gold fallen from the enormous feathers of angels’ wings.

She has always said that heaven sent its ER team to do cut her open and release me from inside her. That's a lot of pressure to put a child under: "I had a prophetic vision right before you were born, by the way."

Growing up I always thought I was special. So special, that I was sure I was part of the second coming of Christ...well, actually, I was convinced that at a certain point it would be revealed to me that I was Christ, born again, and that I would save the world. I know what you're thinking--Christ burns the heathens and takes the goodfolk up to heaven--but in the real version (my version) he, I mean I, makes heaven on earth.

All this fantasizing happened because mama, before going under the knife, was loaded up with drugs, which is why drugs are bad; Drugs make people think they're special, when really they're not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home