Coverage of me and other train wrecks: my mama, subway nut jobs, sex and the environment.

11.22.2006

Bitter Honey

About to get onto the E subway train from Manhattan to Queens at 50th Street but in front of the turnstiles was a stagnant family of six coaching their youngest daughter on how to properly swipe a single-ride Metro Card. Tourists, I imagine. But six of them, at rush hour, the afternoon before Thanksgiving, BLOCKING THE FREAKIN’ TURNSTILES!!!. Ugh. It was more than I could handle. I said excuse me and then pushed my way into the turnstile as I heard the dad say to the 6-year old daughter, “Come on honey, just try it again.” Honey had tried it 4 times while I and other commuters waited impatiently. I did the right thing, right? I wasn’t super rude, but maybe passive aggressive. C’mon, Jesús, forgive me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home