Coverage of me and other train wrecks: my mama, subway nut jobs, sex and the environment.

4.09.2007

LOVED

The underground hallway at the Jackson Heights stop was rather empty for a Saturday morning, but it WAS early. Rey and I were headed over to Target for toilet paper, toothpaste, and kitty litter (which we never did buy, poor puss puss).

On our way to the staircase leading towards the train platform this woman makes a b-line right towards us, grinning from ear to ear waving a flyer in front of her. "Thank you! Thank you!," she beamed, and I picked up my pace. it was scary for a second. I definitely had one of those "oh my god we're gonna get stabbed," reactions but then I realized this woman was so tiny and frail that even I could take her down if need be. My chest puffed with confidence.

"Thank you, thank you! Jesus loves you!" She rejoiced. I tried not to laugh when I responded "you're welcome, you're welcome, okay!" and I darted down the stairs to the train.

As we descended, Rey dryly noted, "at least Jesus still loves you even if you didn't take a flyer."

1 Comments:

Blogger The Ashton Cruz Zoo said...

Hey buddy Ashton Cruz here, Thanks for comenting on my blog , Iris chacon and Cocaine, now that's a match made in the back of a Starbucks utility closset. By the way if that's you on the I love myself post, you are a hottie. Nice lips. Yum!

5:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home