Coverage of me and other train wrecks: my mama, subway nut jobs, sex and the environment.

6.03.2008

You know America is number 1 when...

...a middle-aged man who has just been knocked flat by a bike messenger in New York City's garment district pulls his bloodied glasses off his face and pleads to the onlookers with cellphones "No no no, I'm fine, please don't call an ambulance. I don't got health insurance. Please. I'll get up."

And got up he did. Now that's patriotism.

In the face of a possible concussion this man didn't let the blood run down his face, whining for help. No. He did what every American without health insurance SHOULD do: He reached for the pipes on some scaffolding and pulled himself up. Get up, America. Stop complaining about your restless leg syndromes and your diabetes and get the fuck up and go to work. I for one know that I would hire that bloody-headed man in a snap. He's a loyal citizen and I bet he's a loyal worker. I bet he didn't even think of taking advantage of my tax dollars by dragging himself to a free clinic. Uh uh. That man went right back to his job, wiped his head with some towels and kept on with his day.

People like him are the heroes who make America number 1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home